For many years The Flower Cart Group directly supported job seekers in Kings County through its Partners In Employment (PIE) program. It was a very successful program that partnered workers with employers for work site visits, interviews, training, and employment. The program also focused heavily on providing job readiness training to job candidates.
Over the years the program has evolved from direct client intakes to referrals from other community agencies. We still provide important links to employers, job readiness training, and support for clients at work, but the focus has shifted squarely to supported employment.
As of 2020, the PIE program re-branded as Supported Employment Services (SES). The launch of the new brand was announced in the Winter 2019 Newsletter available here.
For more information on SES please contact the Supported Employment Specialist, Gary Roop, at 902-681-2614.
Services for job candidates include
- employment counseling
- career exploration and decision making
- referrals to training and other services in the community
- referrals to jobs and job search support
- job placement
- initial on-the-job orientation, training and support
- employment maintenance
SES also works with employers to fill their employment needs, ranging from casual to part-time and full-time jobs. Services for employers include:
- providing information about employment equity and wage subsidy opportunities
- new employee initial orientation
- new employee job-specific training
- new employee job-safety training
- ongoing employee followup support
8740 Commercial Street, Site #3, New Minas, NS B4N 3C5
Phone: 902-681-2619 Fax: 902-681-2688
Email: Matt Clairmont